Today, 1st September 2015 is the day that Kenya officially embraces the Electronic Visa Application. Below is a helpful guide on how to apply dedicated to assist all tourists wishing to visit Kenya.
- Visit the electronic visa page at www.eVisa.go.ke or https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/index.php?id=5
- Select Register as a Visitor
- As part of this process, you will receive a confirmation email that you need to click on to verify and confirm your registration
- At this point, you will be asked to UPLOAD A DIGITAL PASSPORT PHOTO (Maximum size 500 px by 500 px)
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select Submit Application
- Select Kenyan Visa
- Select the type of visa (visitor) and read the instructions carefully
- Complete the application form – please note that incomplete applications will be rejected and you will lose your processing fees
- You will need a scan of the main page of your passport (with your name, date of birth and other information)
- You will need to re-upload your passport photo
- Pay using your Visa card, MasterCard or other debit card- Visa will cost USD 51
Await your approval which will be sent to you by email. This will take 2 to 3 days to process so ensure that you plan in advance.
Print a copy of your visa to present to the immigration officer at your point of entry into Kenya